Information about Zoom and Spatial.Chat
In the following pages, we provide you with information on the communication technology we use for this online conference.
During the online conference we will use two applications:
- Zoom meetings for all conference sessions and meetings.
Probably most attendees are familiar with this software already.
For the best conference experience, please download Zoom onto your laptop or desktop via https://zoom.us/. If you do not yet have an account, please create one.
(Note: the Web-browser or App version does not offer all functionalities).
- Spatial.Chat is our conference Online Networking Platform. AIM2021 has chosen Spatial Chat to support the encounter of attendees to discuss posters, to visit companies and to chat in social spaces.
SpatialChat is an environment where attendees can navigate through a virtual space. For AIM2021, we configured this tool to include a networking area for informal encounters, a virtual booth for companies and poster rooms on dedicated topics. Each attendee or host is present by a small video (cropped to their head) or an avatar. When you see others in the room (zooming in or out) , you can also hear them and talk to them. It is a nice place to go to during the coffee breaks, e.g. to meet the keynote speaker after the keynote talk, meet the sponsors in their own sponsor room or meet attendees in social networking room.
On Wednesday July 14, we will have the poster presentations of the Late Breaking Results posters within https://spatial.chat/s/aim2021. You will find multiple poster rooms, each with three different posters inside. Attendees can switch easily from one room to another room.
To ensure good functionality of this tool, please follow these guidelines:
- Please avoid using mobile devices. It is best to use a computer or laptop. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox. This usually updates automatically. For some regions, it is possible that Spatial.Chat service cannot be accessed directly, and VPN may help solving the problem. (Google Chrome — best experience, Firefox — all versions until latest (83.0) — OK, Microsoft Edge — generally OK, Safari — versions 12.1-14.0.0 — OK but 14.0.1 have issues, Opera — OK)
- You can also use other Chromium-based browsers, but if you have any problems, we will recommend that you first install Chrome and check any problems with that browser.
- The software is available for macOS as well!
Attending a conference session
The agenda with all the conference sessions can be found here https://ras.papercept.net/images/temp/AIM/, click on a session to view the session description. At the bottom or top of this description, a link to the corresponding Zoom meeting is posted. With your Zoom account, please join this Zoom meeting about 5 minutes before the start of the session. If you are a (co-)chair or presenter, then please join at least ten minutes before the start of the session. It is important to use the Zoom Meetings Application and not the webbrowser. Please turn on your Zoom camera during the sessions to engage more with other participants.
There is no limit on the number of attendees joining a session.
During the talks and presentations, you can ask questions in the Zoom chat. They will be answered after the talk or presentation. You can also ask questions live during the Q&A.
All presenters are included in the programme on https://ras.papercept.net/images/temp/AIM/
AIM Networking Area
The aim2021 Networking Area is open in Spatial Chat . You can join these rooms any time during the conference to have a chat or discussion with other participants. Also, several informal sessions will take place in https://spatial.chat/s/aim2021.